As with anything in life, things can quickly get out of hand. Think you need to spend every moment out of work at the gym? That excessive. Obsess over every single bit that enters your mouth? You will become miserable and drive everyone around you crazy with your obsession.
Sometimes it's hard for us to recognize that healthy can become UNhealthy when the balance topples. The yin and the yang must be in sync for things to truly run smoothly.
One of my favorite ways to even myself out is yoga. It stretches out muscles that I work in running, biking, and strength training. I have an opportunity to work on meditating. I work on slowing down. I am so much more flexible since I started. The reasons can go on and on.
- Yoga Journal's article on important of physical balance
- Huffington Post's article on Yoga Stress Relief Poses
- Yoga Journal has great daily tips and info to help you meditate
- I also really Yoga Journal's page on well-being, it's a good general info spot for life
- Check out Yoga Journal's Meditation Invitation for a free 28 day challenge!