This is the last week of July and I hope you have tried a few of the exercises we introduced this month. As always, please check with your doctor if you are unsure about trying a new exercise. I have done something to my back, I think it was the sit-ups last weekend. It was better but had gotten worse again, came back with a vengeance. I swam last night and stretched. I was searching for stretches for me and then decided to share what I found with you all. You've probably seen most of these.
I'm hoping a few days of stretching and maybe some light exercising will get my back well. If not, I may have to pay a visit to my favorite chiropractor. Marathon training officially begins in 2 weeks so I don't have time to play around!
Here are my goals for this week.
- Swim: got that done last night, will try to go again this week.
- Water: I have to be better. I've been trying to tell Ally to drink water and she might have finally heard me Saturday. She had a really bad run and I think it was dehydration.
- Still tracking my food in My Fitness Pal.
- Running: gotta push myself to do 5 miles on Tuesday and Thursday. I have been cutting it short and walking a lot instead of pushing myself to finish my run. The humidity is getting to me, but I can do this. I just have to get past my head.
- Home organization: Need to tackle another cabinet, hopefully this week.
- I need to be better about cooking meals at home.
This is sort of a coasting week for me. As of August 4th I start teaching fitness classes AND I start training for my first triathlon! I'm super excited AND nervous about both.
I'm also riding in my first bike race on Saturday at Texas Motor Speedway as a part of Dannon's team to raise money for Diabetes. Interested in donating? My goal is to finish. I'm only doing the 15k because pretty much the longest I've been allowed to bike is 8 miles so I didn't want to hurt myself. I'll definitely let ya'll know how I do!